Hey, I’m Kirsten❣️
I’m a Chicago girl living in Penang, Malaysia with my hubs, Mark.
In 2013 we were sick of the rat race and decided to move across the globe and rewire our lives. It was the hardest decision. But it was also the most rewarding one.
On my blog, you’ll find practical, down-to-earth info about the realities of expat life. It’ll help you avoid the mistakes we made. My goal is to teach you how to handle the ups and downs and the ins and outs of moving overseas.
Since we live in Malaysia, there is a ton of info on the blog about life here and all the extraordinary adventures we get up to while living in Asia.
Currently in Penang, Malaysia
Top Posts & Pages
- Living in a Foreign Country: 10 Realistic Expectations vs. their Harsh Realities
- Moving Away From Family: Will the Guilt Kill You?
- Best Gifts for Beach Lovers: 21 Mother's Day Gifts Under $125
- 15 Moving Abroad Quotes that will Inspire You to Chase Your Dreams
- Pros (and Cons) of Being an Expatriate in Malaysia
- Cost of Living in Penang: How to Budget for Expat Life
- 55 Badass Quotes from 55 Badass Women (plus a few from very smart men)
- Apartments for Rent in Penang: What You Need to Know